THE CALL IS NOW OPEN!
“AAL packages/Integrated solutions”
Packages integrating different solutions based on ICT to support active, healthy and independent living of older adults
The AAL Call 2017 is part of the Active & Assisted Living (AAL) Programme that was approved in May 2014 by the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union. As part of the work programme, the AAL Programme launched a new Challenge-led Call for Proposals: “AAL packages/Integrated solutions”
The aim of this call is to support innovative, transnational and multi-disciplinary collaborative projects. The proposal must demonstrate a clear route to market and added-value for the different types of end-users. The previous AAL calls have shown impressive results culminating in effective and practical solutions. However, many solutions address only a specific need, have not yet been integrated and incorporated into everyday life and have not been evaluated sufficiently.
Increasingly, end-users are asking for well-integrated solutions that are intuitively useful, personalised, and take the entire life span into consideration. These include informal and formal caregivers whenever relevant. In addition, end-users-especially secondary and tertiary ones such as caregivers and policy-makers have an urgent need for proven evidence about the effects and effectiveness of AAL solutions.
The focus of the 2017 call challenge of the AAL Programme is twofold:
- The challenge lies in developing packages integrating different solutions that address the needs and wishes of end-users and add value to their lives. Since peoples’ wishes, aspirations, and needs evolve over time, packages should be designed with built-in flexibility and a variety of components in order to meet diverse individual situations and to remain attractive to end-users over time. End-users expect proposed solutions to be affordable, user-friendly, secure, and reliable. Packages should be based on existing and/or open platforms.
- The challenge lies in extensive testing and evaluating of packages in order to provide meaningful and significant results.
Deadline:24 May 2017, 5PM CET
DOCUMENTS AND TOOLS
- Text of the call (NB: The current text of the call is pending approval by the European Commission. Please always check for the last official version on the web-site.)
- Guide for applicants
- Template Part B (file word)
- National eligibility criteria (last version updated on 4 April 2017)
Please note that the submission platform will be available shortly.
Please consult the National Eligibility Criteria document for a summary of the national eligibility criteria at page 3.
Want to participate to the info day or watch the live webcast? register here