CAMI is offering a fully integrated AAL solution by providing services for health management, home management and well-being (including socialisation, and reduced mobility support). CAMI builds an artificial intelligence ecosystem, which allows seamless integration of any number of ambient and wearable sensors with a mobilerobotic platform endowed with multimodal interaction (touch, voice), including a telepresence robot. The services offered by CAMI ecosystem address both healthy individuals as well as those with age related impairments. CAMI solution will reconcile the increased demand for care in the current ageing society with limited resources by supporting an efficient and sustainable care system. This will allow older adults to self-manage their daily life and prolong their involvement in the society while allowing their informal caregivers to continue working whilst caring for their loved ones. The end-users from Denmark, Romania and Poland will be involved throughout all the phases of the project.
The CAMI project offers a fully integrated AAL solution at the overlap of tele-care and health, smart homes and robotics by offering services for social care, health care, home care and mobility. This solution consist of:
- (1) a viable solution for a next generation robotic framework that offers intelligent user-, context- and environment aware services with natural and comfortable interfaces for older adults;
- (2) a set of personalized practical services, ranging from well-being and comfort to social interaction, and to health care;
- (3) visible demonstrations of the CAMI system through extensively tested and validated pilot.
Expected results and impact
CAMI will offer a Core System Component, offering different services to the user:
- (1) the capability of health, home and environment monitoring and management;
- (2) an intelligent, informed, friendly collaborator, taking orders, giving advice or reminders and ready to help, and get help, when needed;
- (3) a platform that offers a personalized, intelligent and dynamic program management also reporting and communication to health professionals;
- (4) telepresence for communication (video, voice) with caregivers, family, friends through multi-modal interfaces.
Partners involved in the CAMI project
- Project name: Artificially intelligent ecosystem for self-management and sustainable quality of life in AAL – CAMI
- Website: www.camiproject.eu
- Coordinator: University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest
- Duration: 36 months
- Starting Date: 01.06.2015
- Total budget: € 2.675.528,73
- Public contribution: € 2.028.517,28
Adina Magda Florea
T.: + 40 21 402 9179 / +40 740 040 173