The project builds an ecosystem for collaboration between SME and seniors.The main innovation of the Elders-Up! system is that will monitor the end user state through its interaction with the collaborative Elders-Up! workspace in order to:
- Adapt the interface and content of the workspace to the cognitive conditions of the user.
- Engage and motivate the elderly in optimal collaboration in the work team.
- Protect the elderly from fail into apathy and frailty after their retirement.
To fulfil its ambitious goals, the Elders-Up! project will provide four services:
- Skills Matching Service: To match senior knowledge and SME needs.
- Sensors and self-report data gathering: To gather information about the end user
- Adaptation Decision-maker Service: Automatically decides and selects the best configuration for presenting the information to the elderly by using the Elders-Up! system.
- Collaborative & adaptive workspace: A fully customisable workspace
The objective of Elders-Up! project is to create an ecosystem for collaboration between seniors and small companies, in order to bring the valuable experience of elderly to them, thus addressing intergenerational knowledge transfer. SME may struggle to cover all the areas of knowledge that a company needs to bring their products to the market. For them, the knowledge transfer from experienced employees is vital. On the other hand, seniors are sometimes set apart in the work environment due to the fact that they are considered less efficient and productive. Their jobs represent the way of feeling useful.
Expected results and impact
For many elderly, their jobs represent the way of feeling useful for themselves and the society. Furthermore, the fact of for having goals keeps them motivated and the social life that is related to the people that are work mates is beneficial. Elders-Up! project aims to create impact on the elderly community and provide them with the means of being part again of a work team. More generically, Elders-Up! will have an impact on the valorisation of individual competences at all ages, fighting against stigmatisation and inadequate representations of elderly persons, and promoting digital social inclusion of seniors.
Partners involved in the Elders-Up! project
- Project name: Adaptive System for Enabling the Elderly Collaborative Knowledge Transference to Small Companies
- Website: www.eldersup-aal.eu
- Coordinator: Ingeniería Y Soluciones Informáticas del Sur S.L. (ISOIN)
- Duration: 30 Months
- Starting Date: 01.07.2014
- Total budget: € 2.101.036,47
- Public contribution: € 1.333.205,66
Víctor Sánchez Martín
T.: +34 685 48 39 12,