AgeWell will provide an avatar and a robot based personalized assistant for supporting an active, healthy and meaningful life of older adults. For doing so, speech recognition technologies, machine learning as well as scientifically proven methods and models from psychology will be used to tackle personal needs and preferences. A selected group of potential users will be part of the development during the project from the beginning and will support the design process. AgeWell will be evaluated on a long-term with real end-uses at the second phase of the project. SME partners will integrate the project results in their already existing products directly.
Retirement and off-boarding from a long-lasting job position can cause psychological burdens, especially when no plan for the future life exists. The currently uncertain and volatile market situations forces people to be more flexible but very often there is no support. AgeWell aims for personal assistance for older workers in uncertain situations and to tackle new situations with a positive mindset. Additionally, AgeWell is a promotor for an active and healthy lifestyle.
Expected results and impact
- increasing the quality of life score of the participants by at least 5 %
- increasing the satisfaction with life score of the participants by at least 10%
- at the end we will have a personalized virtual assistant for everyone to support people in volatile and uncertain times.
Partners involved in the project
- Project name: Virtual coaching to support a healthy and meaningful life of older adults and employees in their retirement process
- Website: www.agewell-project.eu
- Coordinator: WPU GmbH
- Duration: 36 months
- Starting date: 02/2019
- Total budget: € 2.000.000
- Public contribution: € 1.400.000
T.: +43-664 224 71 93