DOMEO focuses on the development of an open robotic platform for the integration and adaptation of personalised homecare services, as well as cognitive and physical assistance.
The DOMEO platform includes :
- 2 types of robots (cognitive and physical);
- graphic and tactile interfaces;
- voice recognition and speech synthesis;
- cloud services for tele-presence;
- tools for the integration of various sensors and services.
The middleware software platform used for integration, is available in open-source, to ease different implementations and scenarios. DOMEO deals with all the aspects of assistive robotics :
- robotic and internet technologies;
- medical and non-medical sensors;
- interface with home infrastructures;
- ethical issues.
To demonstrate and validate the potential of open robotic platforms, intensive trials (lab trials, site demos, patient’s homes field tests) are scheduled during the 3rd year.
Expected results and impact:
DOMEO aims at helping the elderly to stay home longer and safer. By using advanced robotic technologies, DOMEO will also help care givers in their daily work.
Coordinator: ROBOSOFT (France)
Duration: 36 Months
Starting Date: 01 July 2009
Total budget: € 2.400.000
Public contribution: € 2.160.000
+33-559 415 367