Overall, Elder-Spaces will make sure that the platform appeals to people who are not familiar with technology, without making users technophobes; on the contrary, Elder-Spaces will be proposed as a means to optimising the quality of life (e.g., more recreation opportunities, improved healthcare and better mobility).
In the Elder-Spaces world:
- Applications are delivered in a human-centric manner;
- Face-to-face contacts remain important and Elder-Spaces acts as a facilitator to such contact;
- Working life is of primary importance, since it is a decisive factor affecting older people’s social life and Elder-Spaces acts as a facilitator and promoter of the “older worker” concept;
- Elderly users participate in the evolution of the platform.
The main goal of the Elder-Spaces project is to introduce a radical shift on the way social networking is delivered to and used by older adults (typically healthy individuals aged 55+), with a view to stimulate seniors to join social networks and accordingly benefit in terms of their social activation, active living and overall quality of life.
To this end, Elder-Spaces will design a novel ICT based social networking platform (beyond existing networks for seniors) along with a range of applications that will be delivered over this platform.
Expected results and impact:
Elder-Spaces will provide a range of applications (over the project’s social networking platform) tailored to the needs of older user groups based on:
- Appropriate data sets, semantics and information;
- Customised social networking functionalities (based on the above datasets), such as groups, games and training programmes;
- Appropriate older people friendly user interfaces, such as ergonomic devices and interaction modalities;
- The business plan for the deployment of the Elder-Spaces applications will be developed at the end of the project.
|ΒΥΤΕ COMPUTER S.A||SME||Greece||http://www.byte.gr|
|Evangelische Stiftung Volmarstein, Forschungsinstitut Technologie und Behinderung||SME||Germany||http://ftb-esv.de/|
|ANAPTYXIAKI ETAIREIA DIMOU TRIKKAION ANAPTYXIAKI ANONYMI ETAIREIA OTA - E-TRIKALA AE||SME||Greece||http://www.e-trikala.gr/|
|SingularLogic Information Systems & Software Applications S.A.||End User||Greece||http://www.singularlogic.eu/|
Coordinator: BYTE Computer S.A, Greece
Duration: 30 Months
Starting Date: 01 April 2011
Total budget: € 2.423.859
Public contribution: € 1.201.718
Kallirrois Str. 98, 117 41
Athens, Attica, Greece
Tel: +30 6978 238 648