The E2C project follows a user-driven methodology, which divides the innovation process into two overlapping phases: A WHAT phase that focuses on what to produce and a HOW phase, which focuses on how to produce it. The process has several iterations leading to a refinement of product/service as it is being conceptualized, made tangible, tested, adjusted and tested again.
Applying a user-driven methodology enables both incremental and radical product and service innovation, and integrates business model- with social innovation. As such the methodology is highly relevant when the aims are to improve 1) quality of life, 2) ensure sustainability of health and social services and 3) the creating of new jobs and business opportunities.
The initial data collection has synthesized insights from the participating partners in relation to the issues of loneliness. Areas for further investigation were identified and validated trough user workshops in all participating countries. Based on the initial inputs, an ethnographic research scheme was developed. Based on that in depth interviews with elders has been conducted in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and The Netherland.
The overall objective for the E2C consortium is to develop, test and deploy a web service, which stimulates and facilitates personal storytelling, and enable interest‐based connections and communication among elders and thereby empower them and enrich their life.
The E2C project focuses on finding a solution to the very challenging issues:
- Preventing the internal experience of loneliness
- Develop a new innovative solution for an emergent EU market for “preventive social technology”
- Creating implementation strategies that allow the solution a place in the service ecology of elderly care
Expected results and impact
Play with your life will:
- turn memories into something concrete that helps remembering the beauty of life and connecting the life to come with what has already been;
- bring (grand-)parents and (grand-)children closer together make web storytelling valuable to siblings and/or cousins;
- promote inter-generational connections;
Play with your life will make elderly people the owners of their own needs and provide tool for dealing with them – together and in a fun, non-stigmatizing way. By doing so Play with your life will exempt the public sector for obligations, which it in the first place is not well suited to fulfill.
Partners involved in the project
Project name: Express to Connect
Coordinator: Copenhagen living Lab, Denmark
Duration: 36 Months
Starting Date: March 1, 2010
Total budget: € 3.256.975
Public contribution: € 1.776.369
+ 45 2023 2005
2300 Copenhagen S