Hannah aims to disrupt the steadily decreasing social convoy in old age by exploring an intelligent matchmaking algorithm that promotes long-lasting friendships by matching users from a broader social network. Hannah aims to explore an intelligent matchmaking algorithm that initiates and facilitates social interactions, directly engaging users within a diverse network to promote well-being and quality of life. Hannah aims to explore a scalable matchmaking system with existing social network coordinators to ensure the frequency of social interactions in social network ecosystems and support equality and the freedom to choose with whom, for how long and how often individuals want to engage in a social network.
Throughout the project, we will realise an extensive inclusion of future primary end-users, interdisciplinary experts, and extended ecosystem stakeholders. Our planned co-creation processes mirror the need for interdisciplinary expertise, extended knowledge transfer, and participative user-centred-design based inclusion of primary end-users.
When older people say, it is becoming so quiet around me, they state two things. One, they had a more social active life in the past and they have time and space for new friends. Hannah wants to connect AI driven technology to these skills and time. It will address the decrease of the social network and the diversity of the network with the focus on family and friends; Well-being is lowest in older people with small, socially isolated, restricted networks; The frequency of the engagement on the social network due to illness.
Expected Results and Impact:
- Deliverables are matchmaking parameter set and user survey, general requirements, user needs and preferences, and ethical/legal principles.
- Throughout the project, we will realise an extensive inclusion of future primary end-users, interdisciplinary experts, and extended ecosystem stakeholders. Our planned co-creation processes mirror the need for interdisciplinary expertise, extended knowledge transfer, and participative user-centred-design based inclusion of primary end-users.
- From a market perspective we need about 1 to 1,5 year to reach the market after we did extensive field testing.
|Algemene Nederlandse Bond voor Ouderen
|Carinthia University of Applied Science/ Institute for Applied Research on Ageing (IARA)
- Project name: Embracing the complexity of social network in old age (Hannah/HnnH)
- Coordinator: SPRIGS B.V. (Netherlands)
- Duration: 9 months
- Starting Date: 01/02/2022
- Total budget: € 138.659,00
- Public contribution: € 90.774,90
Joan de Boer
T.: +31 6 41 48 14 66