The RelaxedCare project is a research project with partners from Austria, Switzerland, Slovenia and Spain. Nine different partners with interesting backgrounds work together to develop the RelaxedCare systems. Research organisations, end-user organisations, designers, usability experts and SMEs with innovative products bring in all their knowledge and experience to develop a system that is able to reach the market in short time after the project’ finalisation. The system is based on existing and established AAL middleware platform HOMER. It connects to innovative off-the-shelf products to allow an easy integration. Well-designed objects for the interaction will help to increase the acceptance of technology application into the daily life. This will be achieved by applying a new design method – the User Inspired Innovation Process.
“Is my mum doing fine right now?” Answering this question, in a quick comprehensible way without the need of calling or passing by could relieve a lot of stress from informal caregivers. The “RelaxedCare System” aims to build a “system in a box” solution upon an existing AAL platform, using multi-level pattern recognition to detect the actual state of an assisted person and communicates it in a pervasive and unobtrusive way to the caregiver. The outcome will be a highly accepted, well designed, and working and market orientated “AAL system in a box”
Expected results and impact
- RelaxedCare will connect informal caregivers and assisted persons.
- RelaxedCare will help to reassure informal caregivers.
- RelaxedCare will help assisted persons to feel socially connected.
- RelaxedCare will create nicely designed and accepted pervasive user interfaces.
- RelaxedCare will bring up new methods for AAL pattern recognition on different levels.
- RelaxedCare will contribute to the AAL community by widespread dissemination.
- RelaxedCare will be developed to be brought to market as “AAL system in a box”.
Partners involved in the RelaxedCare project
- Project name: RelaxedCare-destress care relations by unobtrusive information
- Website: www.relaxedcare.eu
- Coordinator: AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
- Duration: 36 Months
- Starting Date: 01.05.2013
- Total budget: € 3.062.000
- Public contribution: € 1.834.000
Dipl. Ing. MARTIN MORANDELL
T.: +43(0) 50550-4843