- Monitoring of the activities of elderly persons with sensors.
- Generating alarms when unexpected/deviant (in) activities are predicted or detected (for example a fall).
- Generating warning when longer term deviations from the personal behaviour are detected.
- Supporting the elderly in carrying out daily and recreational activities.
The ROSETTA system will be designed, pretested and evaluated in field trials with users (elderly people with dementia and their (in)formal carers) in three countries: Belgium, Germany and The Netherlands. The evaluation will focus on:
- User friendliness and usefulness of the system.
- Impact of the system on the autonomy, quality of life and delay in nursing home admission of elderly people with chronic disabilities, and burden and feelings of incompetence of their informal carers
A business model will be developed to implement the developed ROSETTA system in regular care arrangements for elderly people with progressive chronic disabilities.
The objective of ROSETTA is to help community dwelling people with progressive chronic disabilities, such as Alzheimer’s Disease, to retain their autonomy and quality of life as much as possible and to support their (in)formal carers by developing and providing an ICT system that offers activity guidance and awareness services for independent living.
Expected results and impact:
The proposed project ROSETTA focuses on the prevention, early detection and efficient management of treatable psychosocial and physical consequences of chronic diseases that are accompanied by progressive cognitive decline and an increased risk of straying and falling during the advanced stages of the disease.
ROSETTA will provide benefits for end-users:
- Increased ability to perform the activities of daily living and to maintain self-sufficiency for a longer period of time;
- A feeling of safety in one’s own home for a longer period of time;
- Improvement of the quality of life;
- Prevention of overload of the caregiver and as a result prevention of burn-out;
- Early detection of deviations in the patients’ behaviour.
|Eaton Electric BV||SME||The Netherlands||www.eaton.com|
|AVICS BV||SME||The Netherlands||www.avics.nl|
|Landsbond der Christelijke Mutualiteiten||End-user||Belgium||www.cm.be|
|FRAUNHOFER-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.||R&D||Germany||www.iese.fraunhofer.de|
|TNO Defense, Security and Safety||R&D||The Netherlands||www.tno.nl|
|Vereniging voor Christelijk Hoger Onderwijs, Wetenschappelijk onderzoek en Patientenzorg, waarvan uitgaand VU medisch centrum||R&D||The Netherlands||www.vumc.nl|
|Zorgpalet Baarn-Soest||End-user||The Netherlands||www.zorgpaletbaarnsoest.nl|
|CIBEK technology + trading GmbH||SME||Germany||www.cibek.de|