The objective of SENIOR-TV is to develop a platform for providing formal and informal caregiving services to older adults that live alone in their own homes, at low cost, and that focuses on the active prevention and the maintenance of relationships with friends, family, and the community. This overall objective is implemented through the following specific actions:
- To identify the most suitable technologies to deploy services for the elderly at home using a Smart TV setting in combination with other devices such as Smart Phone and Tablets
- To design formal and informal caregiving services targeted at older adults that live at their own home. These services are to be designed in close cooperation with end-users.
- To validate the designed services through several pilots with end users in Cyprus, Slovenia and Romania
In this project, we set as central objective to develop a platform for providing formal and informal caregiving services to older adults that live alone in their own homes, at low cost, and that focuses on the active prevention and the maintenance of relationships with friends, family, and the community.
We start from a basic assumption: that the use of the TV as the central element of the system is appropriate for delivering this kind of services to older adults at their own homes.
Expected results and impact
The immediate outcome from the project will be the SENIOR-TV platform, a Smart TV based ecosystem to deploy services for the elderly at home. Several applications, covering both formal and informal services, will be available as open source at the end of the project.
Third parties will be allowed to develop their own applications the will be distributed through the SENIOR-TV app store. Different marketing strategies will be explored in order to produce a sustainable model to facilitate the mainstreaming of SENIOR TV across Europe after the end of the project.
Partners involved in the SENIOR-TV project
- Project name: SENIOR-TV
- Website: seniortv-aal.eu
- Coordinator: Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute – CNTI
- Duration: 36 months
- Starting Date: 01.11.2015
- Total budget: € 1.775.300,18
- Public contribution: € 1.315.820,96
T.: +357 22 873820