The project SOCIALIZE develops itself in three technological macro areas to implement:
- a service-oriented software architecture to supply network services with cloud computing modalities,
- a set of user interfaces and access devices (with a particular focus on mobile devices) to optimise the experience of using the services that are available in the network for first level end-users (elderly people)
- a set of software tools to implement services. The tools will be available to social organisations, which will enable them to implement and provide their services through the SOCIALIZE platform.
The SOCIALIZE platform will offer information and entertainment content geared to the needs and interests of elderly people, content which will be provided in a barrier-free and user friendly way tailored to this age group and across the different SOCIALIZE devices.
The SOCIALIZE project will develop a hardware/software platform able to put in close contact the elder users with the community where they live, promote elderly social interaction and proactive involvement in the democratic development of their own community through the use of new technology implemented in the elderly day by day contest. SOCIALIZE technology will be accessible by different channel and in different geographical locations. Furthermore the SOCIALIZE mobile user interface will offer to the users to benefit of a subset of system functions through mobile devise.
Expected results and impact
The key principle of SOCIALIZE is to create a complete technological solution which fulfils effectively the general objectives of simplify the modalities with which elderly people have access to dedicated services provided from different devices (in particular mobile devices), with particular focus on the age group from 55 to 80 with a basic or already consolidated knowledge of Information Technologies and use of electronic devices, already accessing internet services and knowing at least basic computer fundamental because of their working experience or everyday job, living in a technology-served environment.
Partners involved in the SOCIALIZE project
- Project name: Service OrIented Assisted Living InfrastucturE SOCIALIZE
- Website: ww.irisconsortium.eu
- Coordinator: IRIS Consortium srl, Italy
- Duration: 36 Months
- Starting Date: 01.05.2012
- Total budget: € 3.847.772,40
- Public contribution: € 1.956.381,00
T.: + 39 (0)835 345000