A competition worth €5000*
The race is on again this year for the AAL Awards 2015. In its fourth edition, this competition selects the most promising project of the AAL Programme after a long procedure of selection, which involves the running projects and it is evaluated by a panel of experts. This award is intended to recognize the most promising project of the AALP that demonstrates great promise in terms of:
- Human-centric approaches to development;
- Market potential
- This call is open to the AAL projects (call 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) that have already started as of 1 September 2014.
- The final pitching will be held in front of the evaluation panel and the audience of the Forum 2015 in a plenary room;
- It will be highly publicized among the community;
- It will occupy a full session of 90 minutes;
- There will be one prize which will be the result of the combined voting of the audience and of the evaluation panel;
- The panel of experts from different area of expertise including, Business, Users and Industry);
- Short presentations of 6 minutes (+6 minutes for questions);
- The winner will gain a 5000€ (to be used only for participation in relevant exhibitions and investment contests).
The competition will take place on 24 September in plenary modality at the AAL Forum.
— SOPHIA (@sophia_aal) June 8, 2015
The format of the award was conceived in an effort to enables project’s coordinator and consortium to work with a more market-oriented attitude. The final contest, which will be taking place during the AAL Forum on 24 September, is conceived along the lines of the “dragon’s den” where each project pitches to “convince” the panel of evaluators and the audience. Each presenter has 5 minutes to explain the level of innovation – in terms of novelty of concept, approach to the development of the solution from both technological and social perspectives; the level and quality of end-user integration and potential to improve the quality of life for older adults, their families, carers and significant others; and the market potential for the project – based on the analysis and understanding of the current and future AAL market trends as well as competition.
Participate to this plenary, your vote will count!
APPLICATION IS OPEN ONLY TO AAL PROJECTS
Fill in the template and send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org until 16 June 2015.
*The amount can only be used for participation at exhibitions.
It is all very serious and in Ghent we expect to put on stage high-quality pitches.
- Are you a regional player looking for new ICT technology to bring in your territory?
- Are you a project participant looking for inspiration?
- Are you an investor interested in the AAL market and you are looking for a close to market solution?
You should all come to see this engaging plenary session at the AAL Forum 2015. This year your vote, the one of the audience, will count too. Along with the main award, we will have the AAL Award of the public.