The AAL Forum , the official conference of the Ambient Assisted Living Joint Programme took place this year in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, from 24 to 27 September. The event was co-organized by the AAL Joint Programme together with the Ministry of Health, welfare and Sport of the Nethrlands, the Brainport Region, the Province of Nord Brabant, the Municipality of Eindhoven and Smart Homes.
1200 attended the vent along three days of discussions, networking, exhibitions from all over Europe. This year edition was particularly relevant for the projects of the AAL JP as they had the opportunity to showcase in the fantastic settings of the Evoluon, the ufo shaped building.
The event was intended to:
- To contribute to a further boost in Europe in the area of AAL among all stakeholders;
- To stimulate networking and community building;
- To disseminate views, knowledge and results of ongoing AAL and AAL related projects;
- To build bridges with investors and the future AAL Investment Forum;
- To establish links with relevant EU programmes, especially with:
- the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing;
- the JP initiative More Years, Better Lives – The Potential and Challenges of Demographic Change.