AAL Award 2013
The 3rd edition of the Forum award will take place between 24 and 26 September in Norrkoping, Sweden
The AAL JP programme has invested significantly in almost 130 projects since 2008 and several of them are now beginning to show results and demonstrating real market potential. With the goal of boosting our projects to always improve the quality of their work and their capacity “to sell themselves”, the AAL JP instituted the AAL project award in 2011.
We expect that further significant progress has been made in the last two years, and therefore it is appropriate to repeat the award. We believe that the award is important and will help to create and raise levels of awareness of the AAL JP progress, and results from the projects, whilst at the same time highlighting the core ideas behind the AAL Joint programme.
This award is intended to recognize the most promising project of the Ambient Assisted Living Joint Programme that demonstrates great promise in terms of innovation, human-centric approaches to development and market potential.
- The level of innovation – in terms of novelty of concept, approach to the development of the solution from both technological and social perspectives;
- Level and quality of end user integration and potential to improve the quality of life for older adults, their families, carers and significant others;
- Market potential for the project – based on the analysis and understanding of the current and future AAL market trends as well as competition.
This call is open to the AAL projects (call 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) that have already started as of 1 September 2012.
- The final pitching will be held in front of the evaluation panel and the audience of the Forum 2013 in a plenary room;
- It will be highly publicized among the community;
- It should be a full session of 90 minutes;
- There will be one prize which will be the result of the combined voting of the audience and of the evaluation panel;
- The panel of experts from three different area of expertise (Business, Users, Industry);
- Short presentations of 6 minutes (+6 minutes for questions);
How to participate:
Send your application by filling in this template to: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com until 5 July and write in the subject: AAL Award 2013 application.
Your application will be examined by the evaluation panel, and only selected participants will be informed with a communication listing the 3 selected finalists who will be invited to pitch their project.