VACANCY FOR A MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT POSITION
The AAL Association is the dedicated implementation structure for the Active and Assisted Living Programme (the AAL Programme), a European R&DI funding programme established in collaboration with 19 Partner States and the European Commission. Its objective is to enhance the quality of life of older adults and strengthen the industrial base in Europe through the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) by funding R&DI projects. The AAL Programme has been established on the basis of Art. 185 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and its administration shall presumably last until 2023. During this period, the planned total public funding is about €300 Mio provided by the Partner States and the European Commission, topped up by €300 Mio provided by project participants.
The Management Assistant will be working as part of a team of seven persons within the Central Management Unit [CMU]. [S]he will provide support to the CMU team and report to the CMU Director. [S]he will be in charge of:
- the office organisation and management (correspondence, inventory, support to book-keeping, travel and meetings’ arrangements and logistics, stationery, contacts with external office providers/contractors, etc.);
- the timely preparation of payments for experts, meetings’ participants and staff members (experts’/evaluators’ self-bills’ preparation, follow-up and preparation of diverse reimbursements and payments to CMU members and other members of the constituency, etc.);
- the administration of experts/evaluators;
the payroll (preparation of the monthly list of presence, input to the payroll software, calculation and order of meal vouchers, etc.);
support the project and financial administration team with the management of project database and documents;
the unit cash and credit card account (petty cash use for daily expenses and regular statement, state of petty cash and credit card expenses, etc.).
The AAL Association is expecting candidate to meet the following requirements:
- Have an excellent command of English (French and/or Dutch is a plus);
- Have an excellent computer literacy;
- Have at least two years of experience in a similar position;
- Hold a degree in a relevant discipline for the tasks described above;
- Have fulfilled military service obligations as required by their relevant national law;
- Be meticulous, organised and capable of working in a small and multi-cultural team;
- Be available to start the employment in January 2016.
Please send your electronic application (motivation letter and CV in Europass format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae) by e-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline for application:
4 October 2015
Download here the full application note.