The AAL Programme’s Call 2021 for proposals is closed for submissions! We thank all of the applicants and invite you to follow our website and social media channels for the latest news on the results of the submission process.
Overview of Call 2021
The Call 2021 with focus on ADVANCING INCLUSIVE HEALTH & CARE SOLUTIONS FOR AGEING WELL IN THE NEW DECADE had 13 participating countries and 15 Funding Agencies.
The Call received 94 proposals, out of which 80 were for Collaborative Projects and 14 for Small Collaborative Projects, the total projects budget of €143 MIL and the total requested contribution reaching €92 MIL.
The participating countries with highest number of coordinators were Italy with 15 proposals, Denmark with 14 proposals and Switzerland with 13 proposals.
Some of the topics covered by the proposals were:
- Virtual reality in nursing homes
- Promoting car mobility for the elderly through enhanced driving safety
- Reminiscence to stimulate memory and activity
- Smart wearables to mitigate /prevent low-back pain
- Improvement of sleep quality though a coaching system
- Artificial intelligence-based platform to prevent heart failures
- Digital platform supporting informal caregivers (competence increase, stress management, resilience strengthening, administrative support)
While some others related to Covid-19 solutions:
- Nocturnal contactless remote monitoring of vital signs for prediction of respiratory disorders
- Advanced disinfection systems through smart sensors and robotics
- Automatic soap and gel dispenser with social interaction and stimulation for primary and secondary end users
- Counteracting patients’ weak adherence and use of evidence-based solutions in context of lack of health care (HC) capacities
The proposals’ evaluation will end in July and, after approval by the General Assembly, applicants will be notified of the results in September.
Stay tuned for the Programme website to discover the results and statistics report, that will be published in the next months!