Programme Operations Officer at the Active and Assisted Living Association (Maternity cover – from 15/09/2020 to 05/02/2021)
The Active and Assistive Living (AAL) is European funding programme that funds projects in public-private partnership in the field of information and communication technology (ICT) for active and healthy ageing since 2008. The overall objective of AAL is to enhance the quality of life of older adults while strengthening the industrial base in Europe through the use of ICT. The AAL projects aim at introducing their solution to the market within 2 years after the end of the project. More than 220 projects have been funded by AAL so far, each one having delivered useful and important information for the AAL community. The Programme also organises its annual event, the AAL Forum, to showcase the products and solutions of the projects and to bring together the different stakeholders in the domain in an open and interactive arena.
Under the supervision of the Programme Operations Manager, the Programme Operations Officer will be supporting the AAL Management Unit in the implementation of the annual call for proposals-related tasks such as the evaluation of Call 2020 proposals, the preparation of the 2021 call, the monitoring of some of the ongoing projects and the drafting of reports for the AAL members and the European Commission. The position is temporary, to cover a maternity leave.
Main tasks the officer will be assigned to execute:
- Support to the annual Call for Proposal Evaluation:
- Call 2020 – supporting the evaluation of Call 2020 proposals (participating in the evaluation panel meeting, daily liaising with the rapporteurs, supporting them in the use of the evaluation platform, quality checking the reports produced by the experts, updating the ranking list and liaising with members on national eligibility, notifying the evaluation results to the proposers, supporting the clarification and negotiation and reconfiguration processes with selected proposals);
- Call 2021 – collecting national funding rates and national eligibility criteria from members and updating the submission platform, supporting the finalisation and publication of the call text, organising the Info day (speakers and matchmaking event).
- Support to the monitoring of funded projects and support actions:
- Organising periodic project reviews and participating in already planned ones (in Brussels and abroad);
- Preparing reports on funded projects for the Association members and the European Commission.
- Support to the overall Programme:
- Supporting the organization of the EC annual review
- Supporting the organization and participation in the Management Unit Meetings;
- Collaborating with Finance and Communications/Public Affairs Department.
Key skills and experience
- University degree in Political sciences, Law, Economics, Technical sciences
- Experience in international funding programmes in the field of R&D&I
- Experience in international project management and monitoring
- Process coordination and capability to work with different types of stakeholders (funding agencies, SMEs, RTOs, end users, other)
What we offer
An interesting work opportunity in an international setting, with a small, flexible collaborative and committed team. Modern office, close to the Metro station in the EU area. Proper measures for healthy and safe working at the office will be put in place, following the Belgian government indications on Covid-19 work conditions.
Hours and duration:
- 07:24 Daily
- Starting date: 15 September 2020
- Ending date: 5 February 2021
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae plus a motivation letter to POTemp@aal-europe.eu by 23 June 2020 17:00 CET
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the outcome of the evaluation. Online interviews are expected to take place during the first half of July 2020.